Some emails have truncated text

I’ve noticed that emails from my workplace, which are just simple text emails, show only 1/2 the content & then just end.
If I check the RawSource I can see the plain text & HTML content of the email in full. But in mailspring it doesn’t display it in normal reading mode.
In gmail I can see the full email.

What could be going on?

Im only aware of this happening with my work email & mailspring, because in other mail clients the same email is fine.

EDIT: on further investigation it seems In all cases there is some HTML code like this which appears after the visible text & before the missing text.

<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_si=
gnature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">

Here is a full example:

“Many thanks.” is the last thing I see & the rest of the email is missing

starts at 02:12:00 and finishes at 02:30:22</div><div><br></div><div>Many =
thanks.</div><div><br clear=3D"all"><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_si=
gnature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><span sty=
le=3D"color:rgb(34,34,34)">Regards,</span></div><span style=3D"color:rgb(34=
,34,34)"><div><span style=3D"color:rgb(34,34,34)"><br></span></div>Sandra ... + additional content

Based on your update it appears some client is inserting HTML into your message content (since it exists even before the message is truncated). Alternatively, your work email clients could be sending multiple message bodies/parts in your email messages and Mailspring is attempting to render the HMTL message body instead of the plain-text. Is that possible?

In any case, there appears to be a rendering bug somewhere since it’s being truncated at the new DIV tag…

I dont know what mail client they use in the office, but the raw source seems ‘normal’ for an email containing plain text & rich text. However, as with most wysiwyg email composers, there is a mass of junk HTML.

Mailspring is rendering the HTML part yes. Im not sure how to specify it should show only show plain text.
Since I now know this issue exists I can check the raw content & see. I am fluent in HTML but I cant really be bothered to sort through this & find the exact missing/culprit tag.

I guess its a bug in mailspring.