Some images in receieved e-mail cannot be displayed in mailspring

So another person in the household here has been using Mailspring and noticed that sometime after the update it sounds like roughly 2 weeks ago, some e-mails will have the images broken. On checking manually on the account (in this case, gmail), the images load fine.

Is images being scanned or something and loaded in the cloud before showing on the client and that is perhaps why images are broken? I have a few DNS configurations on the network and after forwarding 2 e-mails that the issue occurred, I opened both in gmail of mine and on the mailspring client and the same thing happened which leads me to believe its a mailspring related issue.

Thanks for any assistance.

Is images being scanned or something and loaded in the cloud before showing on the client and that is perhaps why images are broken?

Mailspring never downloads your emails or their contents on the cloud in any way. Email are loaded in your computer’s Mailspring client directly from the email server, e.g. Gmail.

…some e-mails will have the images broken. On checking manually on the account (in this case, gmail), the images load fine.

Mailspring can be configured to allow or block images from loading by default (Preferences > General > “Automatically load images in viewed message”), and that it will automatically block images from loading by default in the spam bin.

When images are not automatically loaded, you can select to Show Images for the one message, or to Always show images from the sender, as seen below:

Until you select one of those options, the image will appear broken.

If this still doesn’t answer your question, you may need to file a bug report. (If you do, then please provide one or two examples of images that are not loading correctly in Mailspring, but are loading in Gmail, if possible.)

Well I stand corrected. Thank you.

It seems both places were effectively downloading the images and then loading it which was why it seemed like it wasn’t a network thing until I had a hunch and brought it to one more e-mail service that wasn’t doing that just to find it was my network blocking the images.

Case closed.

1 Like

Hooray!

I’ve marked your answer as “Solution”. (You can do that too, next time.)