Starred folder with counts

Hi

I use the possibility to star a mail to mark those mails I have to do something about. So for having a reminder when I have to do something I wanted a counter (similar to the unread counter) at the starred folder in the left sidebar, counting all mails (read and unread).

So I created a small plugin (https://github.com/sec65/mailspring-starredwithcount) for my purpose, which works in a way (I “misused” the unreadCount-method) … but I have two questions:

1. I created my own perspective-class and added it to the AccountSidebar, which adds my new starred folder. But unfortunately the original starred folder is still there. Is there a way to overwrite the original starred folder or remove it using a plugin?
  2. My class extends from MailboxPerspective, but it would be better if I could extend from StarredMailboxPerspective, since I had to duplicate a lot of stuff. But as far as I have seen, StarredMailboxPerspective is not in the mailspring-exports, so it’s not possible. Or is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
Matthias