thanks for replying! Unfortunately, I think you misunderstood my issue. I do have a folder called “Archives”.
In the default configuration, Mailspring shows the subfolders of it as expected:
But if I make the “Archives” folder the folder with the special role “Archive”, like this:
The subfolders of the “Archives” folder are not displayed as subfolders of the special folder, but as a flat list:
I don’t know if what you are saying is also a valid work item (are there mail providers, that allow subfolders without having the parent folder as mail folder?), but for me, this issue is about something else.
Excerpt from the IMAP
LIST command to verify there is an “Archives” folder:
a LIST "" *
* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Archives
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Archives/JUnit KIT"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Archives/Kursverwaltung
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Archives/come2.help
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Archives/2016
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Archives/2017
a OK List completed (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
(Originally posted by jGleitz on GitHub.)