Typed latin + latin-extended characters are automatically deleted

Description

When I write an e-mail, some special latin / latin-extended characters are automatically removed when the next key is pressed. If I paste this character from the clipboard, it stays. If I type the character through the keyboard, it will be deleted.

The problem typically occurs when pressing 2 keys in a row, for example the characters “’” (U+0027) and “o” (U+006F), resulting in the resulting character “ó” (U+00F3) or “ˇ” (U+ 02C7) and “t” (U+0074), resulting in the resulting character “ť” (U+0165). It is necessary that these characters can be used as a standard in e-mails in the Czech language, as they are an integral part of written Czech.

So when I type a typical Czech pangram “příliš žluťoučký kůň úpěl ďábelské ódy” to test the support of these characters, many of the characters are removed during typing.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start writing an email.
  2. Enter the diacritical mark (e.g. “ˇ”)
  3. Enter the character to which the accent is to be applied (e.g. “t”)
  4. You will see the result of the operation, the character will be translated to the resulting character (e.g. “ť”) and then immediately removed

Expected Behavior

Retaining a character with an accent, i.e. the character “ť” or “ó” and allowing the user to continue writing an email without deleting these characters.

Screenshots

Záznam obrazovky 2024-01-03 v 14.07.08

Setup

• OS and Version: MacBook Pro, Apple M3 Pro, macOS 14.1 (23B2073)
  • Mailspring Version: 1.13.1, subscribed licence

Additional Context

I noticed the problem a while ago, but I believed it would be fixed by now.