Unable to add Yahoo email to mailspring

Problem: As Yahoo has discontinued the addition of third party apps, I’m unable to generate a password for logging in to Mailspring. I tried logging in using IMAP/SMTP but what to add in custom containg folder?
Kindly help…

Same here, seems there isn’t any solution. Only people able to configure a yahoo account were able to generate a third party password with a lots of luck… Things are that Mail and Spark ( on mac os) seem to use another connection protocol than Mailspring as you can configure a yahoo account with the password of the yahoo account , which will be great to have on mail spring …I also tried to connect via Imap address but it doesn’t work as you still need that special third party app password. And i did search thru different support this pb exist now for a long time , yahoo don’t give any answer , so it doesn’t look good to get a quick solution for that…

So I’m pretty well qualified to comment on this, because I just had the same exact situation. It was upsetting because I bought the professional addition of Mailspring in order to use my Yahoo account and get read receipts. The issue spelled out above kept coming up over and over that it said, the IMAP/SMTP was not allowing me to go through, and I needed to generate a one time password. When I went to generate a one time password, from Yahoo.com the site kept showing an error, Mind spring is not available. It kept giving me the same error message. I even tried to go away from the two factor authentication and used a traditional password to try to see if that worked. It did not. I was trying all this at my office, computer, and for some reason, as soon as I got home, I tried it again on my computer, in my office at home. Amazingly, it worked on the first try. Gave me a code. I punched it in, and it immediately had to be punched in at my office computer in order for it to work… So I don’t know what the issue is, but I think it’s just a computer to computer or browser to browser. Maybe the mail server is not allowing??? Anyways I used my first name only in the top box and full email in the user section, then the randomly generated password.