Unable to connect organization office/outlook account

Problem

When I try to sync (via Office365) my organization account, which is an Office 365 user with Outlook, am able to open the browser page and authenticate. But then, in the Mailspring window I get the ErrorNamespace(IMAP).
I have tried to sync using the Outlook option, and I get the same problem. Finally, I have tried using the IMAP/SMTP method and, again, the same problem appears. This is the log that appears with the error

----------IMAP----------
connect mailcore::IMAPSession:0x7ffde6492960

• OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [TQBSADIAUAAyADYANABDAEEAMAAwADcAOAAuAEYAUgBBAFAAMgA2ADQALgBQAFIATwBEAC4ATwBVAFQATABPAE8ASwAuAEMATwBNAA==]
    ssl connect outlook.office365.com 993 2
    OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.0f 25 May 2017
    1 CAPABILITY
  • CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
    1 OK CAPABILITY completed.
    connect ok
    login
    2 LOGIN “e----------4@a-----.-----.es” *********
    2 OK LOGIN completed.
    3 CAPABILITY
  • CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CLIENTACCESSRULES CLIENTNETWORKPRESENCELOCATION BACKENDAUTHENTICATE CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
    3 OK CAPABILITY completed.
    4 NAMESPACE
    4 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.
    fetch namespace failed

I have simply modified the mail adress with “-” for privacy.

Context

I want to note that I have been able to sync my gmail account and a different organization account, which also works with Office365/Outlook/Exchange (I don’t really know the difference). I have contacted the tech support of my university and they have literally said “If you can log in to office.com and see your mail then it is working. It is not our problem or responsibility that you can’t sync the account to third party apps. Contact the tech support of the app”. So not much help from them…

Also, I previously had everything configured and working properly in Thunderbird, but I suddenly started having sync problems with the account I am having to sync with Mailspring about two weeks ago. That’s when I contacted my university Tech Support and they said it was a Thunderbird problem. Then I tried Mailspring and I got the same problem. I ask here and not in the Thunderbird community because, now that I have tried it, I would rather stick to Mailspring.

Email Provider

I am trying to sync my organizational mail, which I believe it’s an office365 account with outlook. Not really tech savvy myself.

Setup

• OS and Version: Pop!_OS 21.10
  • Installation Method: Pop!_Shop
  • Mailspring Version: According to Pop!_Shop it’s 1.9.2

Hi, Eloi. I am experiencing the same problem here. Is UNED the university…?

How did you get the log…?

Have a good time.

Hi prusiner. Yes! It is also the UNED account. As I said, I tried contacting tech support and they said we were on our own.
To get the log I did this:

1. File > Add Account… > Outlook.com / Hotmail
  2. Set up Account as instructed by them in the activation guidelines for Thunderbird (IMAP)
  3. I get the following

At this point, I don’t care if it is Thunderbird, Mailspring or whatever. I just want to be able to connect all my accounts to a single mail server/app/site.

Maybe someone from Mailspring is able to shine some light on this :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Thanks for your info, Eloi.

Hope we’ll soon see this working…

Elio - Fastmail let’s you context everything into one inbox.

Hi Zane, thanks for your reply. As far as I know, Thunderbird and Mailspring should allow me to centralize all my email accounts in one app, which is what I want. Furthermore, they are free and open source.

The problem is that I cannot sync with a specific organization (university) account.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

1 Like