Unable to Sync 4 email accounts

Description

I am on a fresh Windows 10 install as I have just done my yearly reformatting of my drive. I have been using MailSpring to sync my 4 emails (1 gmail, 1 google workspace, 2 microsoft 365) for a few years now, but on this install, I run into Mailspring could not store your password securely. error when adding my fourth account. This has never happened to me before.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Add 3 accounts.
  2. Attempt to add 4th account.

Expected Behavior

Expected 4th account to be added successfully.

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19043 Build 19043
    • Installation Method: Default Installer
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.1

Additional Context

I have Hyper-V and WSL2 enabled.

Have you followed that link to see whether there are any hints? I took a quick look and can’t see anything directly relevant (it suggest you should only have problems once you have more than a dozen or so accounts) but it’s got to be worth a try.

Yeah the suggested link does not contain any solution to resolve this issue except suggesting to not sync a dozen or more email accounts. I have been syncing my 4 accounts for at least a couple years now so I’m not sure what’s the issue.

Could it be that Windows credentials have a password length limit that is shortened even more in the recent Windows build?

I don’t see any similar issues that are on Linux, will be trying to sync these 4 account on PopOS later.

I don’t see the issue on Linux with my 4 email accounts (2 IMAP, 2 Gmail) so can’t help directly, I’m afraid. Are you sure the Windows keyring is working properly? (Don’t know how you’d check, though!)

Windows controls the Keyring automatically, so there is no way to really check.
I’m waiting for some issues on the windows-build-tool package to resolve before I can setup my development environment.

Interestingly, when I try to add my 2 Microsoft 365 accounts as Outlook accounts, it works just fine.

1 Like