Undefined Error

UNDEFINED ERROR

Is anyone else getting this error message when sending out, bulk email to people on a mailing list.

I am responsible for sending out a weekly church newsletter to about 50 people, it does about 20% of email recipients, and then throws up the error message above, which is not at all helpful.

It does not say whether it is the email address that are fault or whether it is Mailspring (application) itself that is blame!

Is there a limit on the number of email recipients?

There shouldn’t be a limit on the number of email recipients.

Can you post the error log that corresponds to the problem?

1. Go to “Developer” > “Toggle Developer Tools”
  2. Chose the “Console” tab
  3. Press “Clear Console” (Ctrl + L)
  4. Reproduce the Issue
  5. Do a right click inside the console and click “Save as”
  6. Clear any personal information from the debug file that you now have created
  7. Attach the file here.

Hi Jason

How do you upload text based log files? Stupid question I know! But it allows for image files, but not text! A little bit strange in my opinion…

regards

Derrick

@DWSampson I fixed the settings, so you should be able to upload .txt and .log files now. Sorry about that.

Hi Codemouse92 - Jason

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I have been able to re-create the error. See Screenshots

6b27ccbe5778246a7af77a7a53c094cf2f3cbf91

4458b0008a6cbe90a39f4419c457e72581e1e74d

I hope they help, I am stumped!

I have seen other people with this issue, look for SMTP error in regards Mailspring, it seems as though this new version has problems.

This article maybe of help: SMTP Gateway Not Responding | DuoCircle

Regards

Derrick

1 Like

Hey, do you want to blur those email addresses?

1 Like

Hi Jason,

YES!! How do I do that?

Edit the image with a program like Glimpse. Select the areas with the email addresses and use Filter > Blur > Pixelize. Then go back, edit your post, and replace the old images with the new images.

P.S. You might want to delete the images from your post in the interim.

Hi Jason

My previous post sent you seems to have disappeared. So resending those images, they have been cropped to show only relevant information.

6b27ccbe5778246a7af77a7a53c094cf2f3cbf91

4458b0008a6cbe90a39f4419c457e72581e1e74d

Thanks, though…still showing the email addresses. I’ve edited your post(s) to blur it myself. I hate for all your contacts to get doxxed. This is the internet.

Do you have any log files that accompany the error? That will be fairly important to solving this.

1. Go to “Developer” > “Toggle Developer Tools”
  2. Chose the “Console” tab
  3. Press “Clear Console” (Ctrl + L)
  4. Reproduce the Issue
  5. Do a right click inside the console and click “Save as”
  6. Clear any personal information from the debug file that you now have created
  7. Attach the file here.

You should also check your Mailsync log, ideally right after the error occurs.

1. Go to your Mailspring User Directory:
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Mailspring
    • Windows: C:\Users\<Your User>\AppData\Roaming\Mailspring
    • Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/Mailspring or ~/.config/Mailspring
  2. Look for the file mailsync-xxxxxxxx.log wheras the xxxxxxxx denote the internal id of your e-mail account
  3. Attach the file here