Web Site Is Not Available In Russia

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: WsviFlhnKyxBQ1afzi6xkvQK9otrug-AJe2m1V74ab9Hs7jGEHIkNw==

What’s up with that?

Due to this Office365 accounts is not available too (because it tries to redirect to getmailspring.com at the last step and recieves 403 error).

Hey @dananichev thanks for reaching out! I blocked getmailspring.com in Russia a few months ago because some sort of bot was sending millions of requests / day to the site (mostly asking for pages that didn’t exist, which is a neat way to bypass cloudflare since 404s aren’t cached by default). I’m not sure if the objective was to run up a bill or clone the site, etc. but it was running about $500/mo in data transfer!

I’ve disabled the geofiltering, thank you for reminding me to turn it back off. I’m hopeful that traffic won’t come back, but if it does I’ll find a more nuanced solution this time!

1 Like

Thanks! You could move to CloudFlare. It is free and has DDOS/BOT protection (if needed).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.