I run a triple monitor set-up, but I leave one of these disabled most of the time. When I do plug it in, Mailspring almost always appears maximized on my screen, even if it was minimized or closed to the tray.
This also happens sometimes when I launch a video game that’s at a non-native resolution. Sometimes Windows will freak out if the game defaults to fullscreen at a non-native resolution, and when it shoves me back to the desktop, Mailspring will be open on that or another monitor.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Make sure one monitor is disconnected either through Windows display settings or physically unplug the display cable
- Confirm that Mailspring is closed to the tray, and not just minimized in the taskbar.
- Activate the other monitor
- Observe that Mailspring is now maximized.
I would, of course, expect it to not open on its own.
- OS and Version: Windows 11 22000.194
- Installation Method: Installer
- Mailspring Version: 1.9.2
I just swapped to Windows 11 yesterday, but this was happening for months on my Windows 10 machine.