Windows 10 mail notifications

Hi I am using Mailspring with my Gmail account and have two questions re notifications. 1, The notification of either a open(read) email or arrival of a new email is only visible for few seconds. Is there any way to ensure the notification remains visible until manually closed. This would be a great help for the times when I am away from the computer. This is using Windows 10 processional 64bit. 2, Is there any way to get a push notification of either a new email arriving or an opened email - pushed to my mobile (Android or iOS). As an aside, when I first started to use mailspring, I did receive new mail notifications from the associated Gmail account…but in recent months this has stopped.

Many thanks

Peter

Hi @quattroman,

Is there any way to ensure the notification remains visible until manually closed.

I’m not sure it would be possible for Mailspring to dictate how long notifications stay on screen, as that’s generally managed by the operating system. You can change how long a notification stays on screen from Windows’s settings, under Ease of Access > Other Settings, but it looks like the maximum is 30 seconds.

Typically, the Mailspring tray icon is how you’d know if there are new messages.

Is there any way to get a push notification of either a new email arriving or an opened email - pushed to my mobile (Android or iOS).

As to push notifications, that’s not something we can do. Mailspring is a desktop mail client, and there are presently no plans to add iOS or Android support. See this topic for more on that: iOS or Android (Mobile) Support

As an aside, when I first started to use mailspring, I did receive new mail notifications from the associated Gmail account…but in recent months this has stopped.

That sounds like a bug. First, make sure Mailspring is still configured correctly (Configuring notifications), and if that does not resolve the problem, open a new Bug Report: Bug Reports - Mailspring Community

Thanks for the information. Re the new mail notifications, I was referring to Gmail notifications, I used to receive these when a new mail arrived in the Gmail account. Could it be that new emails that arrive in the Gmail account are transferring to Mailspring quicker than Gmail can send out a notification.

Thanks

Peter

Could it be that new emails that arrive in the Gmail account are transferring to Mailspring quicker than Gmail can send out a notification.

Mailspring doesn’t actually remove the emails from Gmail; it’s only a client, so it only sees the emails as they exist in Gmail. Unless you’re finding them as already marked read in your inbox (either Mailspring or Gmail) before you’ve opened them in either place), I suspect that the Gmail notifier may have a bug, rather than Mailspring interfering.