Backups/Restore/Plain Text View

Hello, I was reading through the help files and did not see this topic. If I missed, I am sorry. Is there a posting or dev work for making bacxkups, restoring a backup, and an option to view emails in plain text ?

Thank you

I assume you mean backups of your configuration. The best way to do this is to copy the config.json and keymap.json files, as well as the templates folder if desired, from the following directory:

• On Linux: ~/.config/Mailspring (or $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/Mailspring)
  • On macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Mailspring
  • On Windows: C:\Users\<You>\AppData\Roaming\Mailspring

Those files can be moved into that same directory on another system to restore your settings, accounts, and templates. (You’ll still need to reenter your passwords on them, of course.)

We have an open feature request for cloud backups of Mailspring’s config file. If you want to see that feature implemented, I recommend you vote for that issue: Sync templates, signatures, accounts etc accross multiple devices

As to your other question, to my knowledge (I’m just the community manager, not the primary maintainer), there is not presently a feature to view all emails in plain text only, although you could request such a feature.

2 Likes

Awesome, yes thank you. I am on Pop os Linux and will try. I hope the config includes the actual emails/attachments, and email account settings. I will vote for this.

I will request the plain text feature.

Thank you for the quick reply, Jeff

You’re very welcome. Please be sure to mark my answer as the Solution if it solves your problem.

This solution also worked for me, migrating MailSpring from Zorin OS 17 Pro to Ubuntu 23.10 :innocent:.

Thanks,

1 Like