Cannot build mailspring

Description

I try to build mailspring according to this I installed all the dependencies and I have problem with node modules when I run npm install. The problem is that modules get installed into current directory (mailspring root) and then I get error that .../mailspring/node_modules/cld doesn’t exist. So I cd app and try npm install there. The directory appears, but when it comes to installing mailspring the folder get’s deleted and throws error that the command .../mailspring/node_modules/cldfailed - the node_modules folder doesn’t exist

To Reproduce…

1. Install all dependencies for building mailspring
  2. git clone https://github.com/foundry376/mailspring
  3. cd mailspring
  4. npm install

Expected Behavior

Successful build

Log

Cloning into 'mailspring'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 98665, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (552/552), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (366/366), done.
remote: Total 98665 (delta 217), reused 447 (delta 176), pack-reused 98113
Receiving objects: 100% (98665/98665), 110.71 MiB | 2.18 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (64950/64950), done.
npm WARN deprecated @types/keytar@4.4.2: This is a stub types definition. keytar provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed.
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: please upgrade to graceful-fs 4 for compatibility with current and future versions of Node.js
npm WARN deprecated cheerio-select-tmp@0.1.1: Use cheerio-select instead
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.3.5: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.3.5: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated coffee-script@1.3.3: CoffeeScript on NPM has moved to "coffeescript" (no hyphen)
npm WARN deprecated highlight.js@9.18.5: Support has ended for 9.x series. Upgrade to @latest

> mailspring-root@0.0.1 postinstall
> node scripts/postinstall.js

-- Clearing app/node_modules (false !== 8.5.5) --

-- Running npm install --no-audit in ./app with electron config --
npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path .../mailspring/app/node_modules/cld
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c node-gyp rebuild

Setup

• OS and Version: Archlinux (up to date as of 31. 10. 2021)
  • Installation Method: My own build
  • Mailspring Version: Latest from Github repository (as of 31. 10. 2021)

PS: ... in dir path means my projects folder - replaced just to be sure

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Building mailspring from source