Close button quits Mailspring instead of minimizing to tray, even though there is icon in system tray

Description

Upgrading to Mailspring 1.9 from 1.8, when I click on the close button, Mailspring will quit instead of minimizing to system tray.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Make sure option “Show icon in menu bar / system tray” is on
  2. Upgrade to Mailspring 1.9 from 1.8 then restart Mailspring
  3. Click on close button

Expected Behavior

Mailspring minimizes to tray.

Screenshots

Mailspring quits.

Setup

• OS and Version: KDE Neon 20.04
  • Installation Method: deb
  • Mailspring Version: 1.9.0-87660767

Additional Context

Surprisingly, turn off “Show icon in menu bar / system tray”, restart Mailspring, then turn it on again fixes the issue.

Thanks for reporting this. There is a PR open which should resolve this:

As your already figured out, as a workaround, just switch the tray icon off and on.

1 Like

Description

Closing the window with the tray option enabled closes the app

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Update to 1.9.0
  • Click on the close button
  • The app will disappear from the tray and the process to sync mail will be terminated

Expected Behavior

Closing the window should leave the app in the tray and continue synchronizing mail

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 10 20H2
  • Installation Method: Installer
  • Mail spring Version: 1.9.0

Additional Context
Started happening after 1.9.0

BTW, Discourse won’t let new users create more than 2 links including headers like “Setup” “Additional Context” etc.

I’m seeing the same issue on Pop!_OS 20.04, Mailspring version 1.9.0-87660767.

Is it possible to close-to-try in linux? I’m used to closing my windows when I’m done with them, but I’d prefer for it to continue running in the tray.

The same issue on Kubuntu 20.04 after upgrading to 1.9.0, probably related to this feature request

Hey folks! Thanks for all the replies here - @Phylu your PR to fix this looks great, will get that merged and ship a patch release for this as soon as we can get in the fix for linux chrome-sandbox permissions. I think that we can also investigate how that config.get()call is returning undefined, it seems like it really should return the default true value.

For me on Linux unchecking and checking again option “Show icon in menu bar / system tray” in preferences fixed this.

1 Like

Should be resolved with Prevent that Mailspring closes on setup of the first mail account by Phylu · Pull Request #2316 · Foundry376/Mailspring · GitHub (1.9.1)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.