Copy & Paste destroys the sentence pattern

When I copy messege from one recived email and paste it to new email (or to empty file) everything is spread into additional rows. For example sentence in recived email looks that:
“Witam uprzejmie,
poniżej oferta na 2 transformatory energetyczne olejowe, jakie posiadamy w sprzedaży”

when paste looks like that:
"Witam uprzejmie,

poniżej
        oferta na 2 transformatory energetyczne olejowe, jakie
        posiadamy w sprzedaży:"

(Originally posted by PrzemekSkw on GitHub.)

Love Mailspring but this is true for me as well.

As a result of email bodies disappearing and questionable spellcheck, I often compose an email in another application like Microsoft Word or TextEdit using rich text. When pasting back to mailspring the structure gets totally blown away.

Also when pasting to mailspring the structure of of bullets and outlines doesn’t stick and have to be entirely recreated within the app.

Thanks for all the hard work.

(Originally posted by dialed on GitHub.)

1 Like

When I copy/paste text from Word it becomes a png in Mailspring. Seriously, A PNG.

Copy pasting from Google Docs is somewhat better - I can copy/paste text. But if the text contains a link the link is seemingly lost or clicking on it does not result it opening in the browser. Closer inspection (clicking on the link button in the composer) shows that there is a link, it is just not clickable. I have no patience to test if this done to stop me, the sender from opening the link or if it will not work when the recipient gets the email as well.

In any case, this is highly irritating. (No voice recording is available from 5m ago from me :D)

I am a busy editor making list of sources incl links to commission stories on. This behaviour feels like a joke and and a dealbreaker to use Mailspring which I otherwise like very much.

Anyone has an explanation, update on this?

Many thanks,
Endre