Custom Email Sorting

There are a few requests to be able to sort messages by date, subject, and sender.

This would probably require us to implement Make Threading/Conversation View Optional first. However, Gmail does allow sorting threads by date of most recent message; other clients allow sorting threads by original subject or original sender.

(Original issues had 14 votes in total.)

Installed Mailspring today, and will have to uninstall, I’m afraid. :frowning: No way to sort inbox is a dealbreaker for me. Especially being unable to sort by date, so now I see emails in reverse order. It’s the only email client I’ve seen that can’t sort inbox, and it’s kind of baffling. I upvoted this request, but from the look of things this won’t be implemented anytime soon. Sorry, I really wanted to love it. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here. I’m looking for a new client to replace Postbox or Thunderbird, and Mailspring has the most promise so far. But missing basic sorting is a real head-scratcher. I won’t be able to use it on a daily basis without that.

1 Like

I’m looking for this feature too. Unless I’m expecting something urgent in my inbox, I really like to have my list sorted by date from oldest to newest.