Frequent "Your Mailspring ID is missing required fields"

Description

Frequently when mailspring starts after logging in/starting my PC. And i need to reset mailspring. Adding my accounts back everytime.

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450
  • Mailspring Version: 1.7.8-13635bcf

Additional Context

Using Gmail and IMAP

(Originally posted by andrewbetron on GitHub.)

Hello. I’ve managed to hunt down one variation of this bug.

• Mailspring: 1.9.2-6e14dad1

Everything worked until I tried enabling autologin in Plasma. Apparently, that requires setting empty password for the keychain. Then trouble started — Mailspring complained about my email accounts being invalid, etc. After resetting it would be able to add some accounts, but not others. I’ve noticed that Mailspring freaks out when a password contains a quote symbol "
It tries to save that to the keychain in a json string, having escaped the symbol to \" (single backslash, single quote sign)
Yet it seems to be unable to read that correctly. I’ve observed Mailspring gnome keychain entry completely emptied (changed to “”, i think; I sure didn’t do that). I’m not sure at which moment exactly it happened (and I wasn’t too focused on reproducing that particular part). I guess Mailspring tried to read, unescape, fix resulting JSON, save “fixed” (emptied) JSON back to the keychain.
Changing the password for that email account to another autogenerated string that doesn’t contain a quote symbol " worked like a charm. Now several accounts are working correctly in Mailspring.
It’s interesting how this escaping thing isn’t an issue while the keychain has a password set.

Mac OS Ventura. Happens randomly (not after startup or anything, just after some time) I keep losing all my accounts, unfortunately mailspring is unusable like this.

this is ridiculous, you’d think that this would be fixed after 2 years. i spent 2 hours last night trying to get mailspring to actually work, kept getting the keychain error. then after a couple uninstall/reinstalls it started telling me that the account already exists, so i go to log on and it tells me that it’s incorrect and that my keychain wasn’t installed nor libsecret. finally, as i was about to give up i miraculously got it working.
now today i come home after a visit to the dentist to find that coming out of sleep all the sudden both my accounts are hosed. (i have a gmail and msn) i like the program but not enough to have to invest this much time trying to troubleshoot or fix the same error over and over. one that’s been around for literally years. sadly i guess i have to go back to my old client.

i’m on Nobara 38 (based on Fedora 38), trying to use Mailspring 1.11.0. i’ve installed the flatpak, got rid of that and installed the rpm. i’m using keywallet.

hopefully some day this will get fixed.

Yep…here we go again…

I’m using ubuntu 23.04 and trying to use 1.12.0

It was installed by snap as far as I can tell. It wasn’t an issue in the previous (first) version I had, and now immediately after an update it’s a problem.

I need my emails regularly, and unless another version comes out in a day or two I will be deleting mailspring and going back to some other email client.

I’m sorry to say this, but I can’t wait weeks and weeks

@DIW79 There is a large change that was necessary in how we store passwords securely. Please check out the following help article regarding issues on the upgrade: Password Management Error after the latest Upgrade

Same error here on Mailspring 1.12 Snap Ubuntu 22.04.3
None of the above solutions fix the store password securely after updated to Mailspring 1.12. Mailspring 1.11 worked without any problem.
Mailspring 1.12 always gets this error immediately after starting and then, closes:

Same issue as @ferlanero , no fix working

Just to confirm, you are on version 1.13.1 already and have reconnected you Mailspring Id and all your accounts?