Mailspring Avatars

I agree. This plugin alone makes a huge difference. It should be a default feature.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem with my application, I am in version 1.9.2

installed the v1.2, from me it works on v 1.9.2 !
I’ll love to have higher resolution avatar, but its better than nothing

how can i remove it ? i have V1.9.2 i installed the V1.2

hello,
how to remove the plugin ?
thanks

Just have the same problem: https://github.com/Foundry376/Mailspring/issues/649, for me it was placed in ~/.config/Mailspring/packages

cheers

I like the idea of this plugin, but I have two issues with it that I could not resolve myself:

1. With certain window sizes the avatars are not just shown once, but twice for each message. As if both small and large avatar are triggered simultaneously. Making my window bigger avoids the issue, but I don’t want to do this :wink:
  2. Resizing the window triggers mailspring to re-fetch all gravatars that previously failed to fetch. These “404 - File Not Found” results should probably be cached somehow to avoid excessive requests to gravatar.com.

Hi there,

So did we find the fix for the issue?

Issue finally resolved ! Sorry for the long wait :grimacing:

Thanks also to all of you for your contributions which allowed me to progress in my debug! I was able to reproduce the bug with a little luck

New release : 1.3.0

What’s up ?

• Query avatars from multiple sources (#5 & #6) (thanks @avelino !)
  • Improve avatars sources order (#7)
  • Fix duplicate images (#8) (thanks everyone, especially @andybrice !)
  • Fit avatars with object-fit: cover (#9)
  • Upgrade node libraries (#10)

Full changelog : 1.2.0

Direct download : mailspring-avatars-1.3.0.zip

Thanks for your feedback.

1. The problem of duplicate images has been solved in the last release.
  2. I haven’t found any solution to prevent 404 errors display in the console. If someone has an idea how to do this I’m interested :grimacing:

This is awesome! It’s so much easier to go through my emails and locate emails that I WANT to read. Thanks for this one!

1 Like

Thanks for this plugin. For me, this was the only big feature I was missing in vanilla Mailspring.

I’m happy to find out that you created a solution for this! Works great in the current version of Mailspring (1.11.0).

1 Like

New release : 1.4.0

What’s up ?

• Get background color based on sender’s e-mail address (no more randomize) (#12 )
  • Limit initials length to 3 characters (#11)

Full changelog : 1.3.0

Direct download : mailspring-avatars-1.4.0.zip

5 Likes

This is awesome, thanks a lot! Works like a breeze and looks great on the less is more theme.

I did it with Windows, but may help.
In mailspring-avatars>styles>index.less file, I changed top to 20px

.thread-injected-mail-labels {
.thread-avatar{
margin: 1px;
position: fixed !important;
top: 20px;
left: 7px;
transform: translate3d(0, 0px, 0px) scale(.8);
transition: all .15s cubic-bezier(0.35, 0.91, 0.41, 0.99);
}