Make Threading/Conversation View Optional

It’s a must, please, I’m begging here…

:disappointed_relieved:

Sometimes, I want to print a copy of an e.mail, however, I also have possibly six or seven linked replies that I do not want to print.
If I could vote twice, I would!

2 Likes

Yep. I have to uninstall. An email user since 1995 I’ve no idea why anyone thought threading conversations was an improvement, it just confuses an elegantly simple but old technology, rather than improving an old technology (like the invention of the motor car), it’s more akin to adding bells and whistles to a perfectly useful horse and cart. And I actively hate it.

2 Likes

God please make this possible. I love this email client, but I hate this threaded view.

1 Like

+1 Soon as I hit 20 replies Mailspring becomes unusable (Ubuntu 20.04)

1 Like

+1, threading is unnecessary and I don’t need it at all. As others have said, it’s impossible to delete individual posts, plus you can’t have separate conversations with different people starting from one original email. MS would probably run faster too …

1 Like

It’s not so much the threading view that I have a problem with, but being able to take actions on individual messages within a thread is VITAL! I need to be able to delete or archive specific messages, not just the entire thread.

1 Like

I am new to Mailspring. If threading/conversation view does not become optional, I’ll probably switch to another email-app.

I’ve just started using Mailspring after getting fed up with Thunderbird. However, the inability to turn off conversation view is preventing me from switching completely, and is likely to lead me to uninstall Mailspring and go back to Thunderbird full time.
Mailspring seems better at most other things I’ve tried, but I spent about 20 minutes this morning trying to find a message that was buried deep in a conversation - despite the fact that I knew when it was sent. VERY frustrating not to have this pretty basic option. Unfortunately the fact that you have to create an account on here to vote for this will probably keep the upvotes for this feature low, despite it being popular.

1 Like

I’m very new to Mailspring, for me it’s an alternative to Apple’s native Mail which is now disfunctional on my old OS. Mailspring seems great but I couldn’t work out why I was losing mails. They’re hidden in the blasted threads - I really don’t want that. If other do, please just give us an option to turn off threading. Thanks. (ps. I have voted!)

The ability to disable conversation view in MS is a critical feature (for me).