Make Threading/Conversation View Optional

It’s a must, please, I’m begging here…

:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Sometimes, I want to print a copy of an e.mail, however, I also have possibly six or seven linked replies that I do not want to print.
If I could vote twice, I would!

4 Likes

Yep. I have to uninstall. An email user since 1995 I’ve no idea why anyone thought threading conversations was an improvement, it just confuses an elegantly simple but old technology, rather than improving an old technology (like the invention of the motor car), it’s more akin to adding bells and whistles to a perfectly useful horse and cart. And I actively hate it.

5 Likes

God please make this possible. I love this email client, but I hate this threaded view.

3 Likes

+1 Soon as I hit 20 replies Mailspring becomes unusable (Ubuntu 20.04)

3 Likes

+1, threading is unnecessary and I don’t need it at all. As others have said, it’s impossible to delete individual posts, plus you can’t have separate conversations with different people starting from one original email. MS would probably run faster too …

4 Likes

It’s not so much the threading view that I have a problem with, but being able to take actions on individual messages within a thread is VITAL! I need to be able to delete or archive specific messages, not just the entire thread.

3 Likes

I am new to Mailspring. If threading/conversation view does not become optional, I’ll probably switch to another email-app.

2 Likes

I’ve just started using Mailspring after getting fed up with Thunderbird. However, the inability to turn off conversation view is preventing me from switching completely, and is likely to lead me to uninstall Mailspring and go back to Thunderbird full time.
Mailspring seems better at most other things I’ve tried, but I spent about 20 minutes this morning trying to find a message that was buried deep in a conversation - despite the fact that I knew when it was sent. VERY frustrating not to have this pretty basic option. Unfortunately the fact that you have to create an account on here to vote for this will probably keep the upvotes for this feature low, despite it being popular.

3 Likes

I’m very new to Mailspring, for me it’s an alternative to Apple’s native Mail which is now disfunctional on my old OS. Mailspring seems great but I couldn’t work out why I was losing mails. They’re hidden in the blasted threads - I really don’t want that. If other do, please just give us an option to turn off threading. Thanks. (ps. I have voted!)

1 Like

The ability to disable conversation view in MS is a critical feature (for me).

2 Likes

Looking for alternative to Mailmate, which has a few quirks that annoy me. Tried Mailspring, looks excellent, except for this inexplicable limitation that you can’t turn off threaded conversations. Regrettably uninstalling this otherwise great looking app.

1 Like

I was looking for something different from thunderbird but having the thread view is a no go.
Good luck

2 Likes

I cannot stand the conversation/threaded view. I’m finding Mailspring ok for reading transactional emails that I don’t reply to, but as soon as I want to have an actual conversation I use a different client.

This is really strange to me considering that recognizing and combining threads is actually more work for Mailspring to do, when I’d rather it do less and just show me the IMAP messages as they are.

2 Likes

I got you, Mailspring will NEVER be my main app as long as there’s no “NORMAL” view and individual actions. This is just insane that we have to brought this subject. I still cannot believe the stand on this… It’s as if they (the developpers) just want to cut half of the audience from the start.

1 Like

I am a long time Thunderbird user. However, unless Mailspring removes the conversation view I will not be sold on this mail client.

Please listen to us and give us the option to remove the thread view. :pray:

I too would like to see disabling conversation view as an option. I miss too many replies with it turned on. Was kind of surprised when I discovered we didn’t have a choice.

Please do it to soon to make this product the greatest in market

2 Likes

I have installed Mailspring on my spare laptop to evaluate if it can replace thunderbird.
On the whole I love it - except the conversation view is a non-starter for me.
I’m going to keep it on the spare and keep an eye on future updates to see how things progress.

2 Likes

Hi @owenaled, sorry but our several requests towards this issue had never been answered so… I kind of loose faith while years goes by…

I was a paid user for some time but since they never did a classic conversation view (it’s not even needed to be the default one), I surrended. It’s really hard to understand in a sense… but it is the way it is. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like