Make Threading/Conversation View Optional

I have conversations with thousands of messages, most of which are useless. The “thread” model, especially without the ability to delete messages from threads, is completely useless. But the rest of the app seems nice. I would be tempted to participate in the project if there were to be a community consensus on disabling thread view. In the meantime, back to Thunderbird … Bye.

The reason, why this feature does not exist is definitely not an issue of no interest, but rather the missing manpower to implement it. I checked it out but unfortunately could not get my head around on how to implement this.

So anybody who is interested in this feature and wants to support with its development, please let me know. We would happily take the help.

1 Like

I am, so I could implement some missing features, but just getting to the point where I could build the project on my pc is a big hurdle :frowning_face:

What issues are you facing and which operating system are you on? I am happy to give you some pointers there.

A post was split to a new topic: Building on Windows

Is it possible to have each email remain separate rather than collecting them sequentially in the same file?

Yes, please support a “non-conversation” mode for messages. Please give your users the option instead of forcing this upon us. it REALLY is a great client, except for this one pretty big complaint.

I was pretty surprised to learn that this wasn’t currently an option. I actually thought it may have been a bug to omit it and was looking for a “fix”. Needless to say, voting for this option.

Although seeing how old the thread is I’m likely looking at alternatives.

I’m looking for a new email client, but the lack of separation of grouping eliminates Mailspring

Came here to vote for this request. :+1:

I’m new to Mailspring. Try to find an email app for Linux. I already tried some apps but couldn’t find the right one for me. Today I wanted to try out Mailspring. I added all my accounts, and it felt good to work with Mailspring. But then I found out that emails are threaded, and I wanted to disable that. I didn’t find a way to do that. So I came here to search for an answer to disable this setting. The only thing I could find was this feature request.

Hopefully you got help and an implementation is on its way into Mailspring. Would be more than great. :slight_smile:

I am very sorry, but I did not make any progress here in the meantime.

That’s a real pity … Could we do anything to help here? Unfortunately, I am not a developer … :frowning:

I only could help to fix the German translation. :wink:

I really like Mailspring, but this missing feature is also what is keeping me from going Pro.

I’m so sad, I thought I found an email client, then I found out conversation view is the only setting.
Conversation view is a sure fire way to get fired when you miss an important email.
had to uninstall. tag me when you fix that.

1 Like

@Phylu
Is there any news on this topic?

I cannot believe messages based listing is the most popular. Deleting and finding old emails are my main issues. I was a contented outlook user until Microsoft “improved” it and utterly wrecked it but I am changing to Gmail where message view can be turned off. If I could get the new Outlook to work to I would try that - anything that gets away from message-view. I am sure the votes are not representative of the user feeling on this.