Matcha Theme for Mailspring

Mailspring Matcha Theme

My adaptation of Matcha GTK theme suited for Mailspring.

The original Matcha theme is work of Vince - check his awesome piece of work in Matcha GTK repository. Kudos for the author for a wonderful theme and inspiration!

I use it personally with Matcha GTK Theme for Gnome and it looks pretty well. However, if you notice anything could be fixed, please don’t hesitate to post the issue on the issues board. Thanks in advance!

Screenshots

Download and installation

Feel free to grab it from my Github! You can download the source in a zip archive or clone the repo:

$ git clone https://github.com/jakubzet/mailspring-matcha-theme.git

Paste the mailspring-theme-matcha folder with the content of the repo into packages directory inside your Mailspring installation (in case of Linux it’s ~/.config/Mailspring, switch the theme in Mailspring and you’re ready to rock :slight_smile: You can find out more in the repository!

Ahhhh, this is so pretty! :sunglasses: I really like the accent colors. Thanks for this.

I upvoted your theme. :smiley: Be sure to encourage your users to do that; it improves your ranking in the Themes index.

1 Like

Done!

Sticking around for the dark version :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

For mac os just click Mailspring/Install Theme

I have a dark version here, though not a fork from the above:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Matcha Dark Azul Theme for Mailspring

You should post that in a separate topic here in Themes, so people can vote separately. I’ve added you to the Plugin Developers group so you can.

1 Like

Ohh, cool! Will post it :sunglasses:

nice theme i like dark version

Love the theme, thanks!

Is there an easy way to change the font size of the folder/mailbox names? It’s a bit larger than other themes and I prefer it a bit smaller.

That’s great to hear you like the theme! :slight_smile:

As for the font size though, there’s no other way rather than hacking the theme’s CSS files. I’ve scaled the text up a bit so it matches the sidebar’s text size in Nautilus’ with Matcha GTK Theme applied.

Wow just found-out the theme option and this one is really amazing.

1 Like

Hi, how would I change the folder list background and toolbar to dark blue but leave everything else the same?

Amazing theme, congrats and thanks!

Could I found a bug? I cannot clic on the first row, it hovers only a few pixels avobe the end of the row, so I cannot use the delete or archive buttons. This just happens for the first row.

I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.

Thanks!
Fher

Hello, I love the theme, but I have a problem. I cannot select the first message. With other theme and official theme no problem. That poses a problem. Could you tell me where I can find the element that changes the selection point with the mouse to successfully select the first post. ? thx

Hi @maverick40 - I’ve just pushed a new version to GitHub. Sorry for late updates - unfortunately I’m not able to work on open source projects on a daily basis. But still I’m glad you like the theme! :blush:

2 Likes

Nice, Thx very much Now he’s perfect for me.

I just installed the theme and I love it! Is there a way I can put the email subject underneath the sender as seen in your screenshot? My inbox looks different. Thanks!

Happy to hear you like the them @dbarr :slight_smile: As for the look, I guess Mailspring does it automatically for every theme when you resize the column containing the emails list :wink:

This is super pretty. One issue I’ve spotted; in the sidebar I’m unable to expand folders. If I use the default theme I get a toggle to expand folders that have sub-folders, but on Matcha that toggle is missing. What can I do to get this back without losing the pretty?
Matcha:
Default: