Spell Check not Working

Spell check is not working as expected in new email or replying to existing emails.

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create new email
  2. Type something which is not spelled correctly

It should highlight the mis spelled words.

Setup

• OS and Version: Windows 10
    • Installation Method: Installer
  • Mailspring Version: 1.10.3

Not working here either. Other posts are popping up too.

2 Likes

when rich text and advance editor features is enabled only works if spellcheck is activated for Eanglish, but dosn’t word when I select Spanish, the main lenguage i use.
plese fix this soon

1 Like

Spell check does not work for me. Mailspring works well otherwise but will soon give up on this app - not useful if spell checker does not function

1 Like

I am encountering the same issue - spellcheck not working in the app.

1 Like

Spellcheck is not working. I’ve tried all that is mentioned as a fix but it still does not work.

Isn’t this supposed to be something that paying the extra gives us?

I love this email client, but the bugs not getting fixed makes it hard to keep using. Spell Check is basic, Google contacts not syncing is also a major problem

1 Like

Is this related to:

1 Like

How is it that this is not fixed yet? This is such a great email client with so many features, but this???

1 Like

Far from ideal but here’s a temporary workaround (turn off rich text and advanced editor):

Thank you for the fix. I just can’t understand why with the newer versions of Mailspring this is yet to be fixed.

This was the number one reason why I tried Mailspring and dumped in less than a day. I was actually liking it but the lack of proper spell checking is just a deal breaker. Please fix it.

I started using Mailspring. Almost perfectly, then I discovered that the spell check doesn’t work :frowning: I see that the last post here is from February. Is it just a bug or does the spell check for other languages (mine is Polish) not exist?

Hi, this problem was already put on the table but I want to bring it here again cuz this issue is very annoying and I want to understand if there’s somebody still working on this project. I very hope so :face_holding_back_tears:
Thank you for the collaboration

It seems the developers are still working on things occasionally, but not very often, and they don’t usually pop-into the Community Forums here lately.

Regarding the spellcheck:
It is working on my systems (macOS and Linux). What system are you on? Do you have the spellcheck option enabled under your Preferences → General (tab) → Check Messages for Spelling ?

If you’re on Linux, make sure you have the spelling libraries installed for whichever language you’ve selected in the drop-down box.

Hi, I use Grammarly for spell check. But they don’t support mailspring. I have turned on the spell check on mail spring but it doesn’t detect anything. does anyone know any alternative software like Grammarly that supports mailspring? I have the spell check on and it’s set to default on mailspring.
can someone help, please?

2 Likes

Description

To Reproduce…

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Expected Behavior

Screenshots

Setup

• OS and Version:
    • Installation Method:
  • Mailspring Version:

Additional Context

I’ve just installed mailspring and it’s fantastic! But my spell check does not work?!

There are reports of this for over a year. Is this still a thing? Spell check has been broken for over a year?

It’s 2023, nobody knows how to spell anymore!!! I can’t use an email client that won’t check speling on busines emails. This is a massive deal breaker…

Spell check is no longer working since I updated to 1.10.1. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I also tried switching the spell check language from English-Canada to English-USA and it is still not working. It had been working before the update.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have only just downloaded Mailspring, Spell check not working in Windows 11. When can I download a new Mailspring when it has a working spell check. It’s a great programme but spoilt by this feature.

3 Likes