White Screen of Death

I have the same issue using Windows 10. I was considering paying for the pro version, but this is really really annoying.

2 Likes

This issue is making the platform completely unusable. This was my favorite email app and was going to pay for pro but is impacting my work now so will have to find another provider. So sad to say goodbye

Have been experiencing this issue for around 4 months, am a pro user & paying. Have to kill mailspring processes around 8-10 times per day. Waiting patiently for this to be sortedā€¦

Still no fix? Not even a word from the developers about the issue, of when can we expect a fix?

Me too. Have been considering the pro but, because of this white screen issue Iā€™ve been encountering most of the time and how long it takes to get fixed, Iā€™m doubting it. The app is still like in open beta.

I have an i5 8300h, 8gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1650, and dual screen. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Just wanting to add a ā€œme tooā€ as well. Totally new mailspring user (loving it otherwise!).

Win10, second attached screen. Lenovo laptop. Intel UHD 620 display.

The ā€œCtrl+Nā€ 4 times trick reliably reproduces the white screen OD for me. Seems like only way to get back is kill task and re-open.

Yes perfect. Happens to me frequently. Especially when I open a Ubuntu VM and switch back to my mailspring in Windows 10 after working a while in the VM. Am able to reproduce the issue using the steps mentioned!

Mailspring Version - 1.9-1.30ef802f
Windows 10 version - Home Edition OS build 19042.1110

Regards
Dev

Happens to me as well. I use X230 ThinkPad laptop with single screen and intel GPU.
Windows 10 21H1, build 19043.1110
Mailspring Version - 1.9-1.30ef802f
Just start to use the mailspring .

Itā€™s gotten so bad that every time I minimize mailspring itā€™s ā€œwhite screen of deathā€ once I come back and then have to maximize/minimize 4-5 times to see my mail again or kill the process and re-open. Then it will flip to white after some arbitrary amount of time, even while Iā€™m typing a new email. Additional to this my 2 GSuite accounts seem to keep de-syncing and there are huge delays waiting for emails to arrive or send.

Regrettably, those are each individually program-breaking for me. Hope to see you guys again some time. The program is otherwise pretty rad!

1 Like

Has anyone fixed this? I love Mailspring but the white screen is making it unusable.

Weā€™ve all left Mailspring and gone back to other email clients seeing as this has been abandoned for many months now :joy:

Any suggestions for good email clients that have similar features but with out the WSOD?

Well Iā€™ve gone back to Mozilla Thunderbird for the moment - itā€™s far from ideal but at least works and no WSOD.

None of these others that I have tried suited my requirements for business - Mailbird, Bluemail, Mailspring, emClient, Postbox and more.

1 Like

Registered only to say that this problem has only gotten worse and itā€™s sad that the developers havenā€™t yet fixed this issue even with steps to reproduce. For alternative, Thunderbird is nice but is very retro looking, any other good alternative that is similar to Mailspring in UI?

1 Like

Guys, I also suffer from this White Screen of Death. It appears to be random and goes away randomly when I click the Mailspring icon a couple of times, sort of refreshing the screen. I use Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon, I started to suffer this White screen since the last update and it makes Mailspring unusable really. I first thought it was a Microsoft Edge problem, but it also seems to do it when I donā€™t use Edge to open attachments. It seems to do it mostly in relation to opening attachments.

Hello. The same problem that appeared with version 1.9.0 in April and continues on version 1.9.1. (Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 3300U w / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz)
The white screen appears randomly and it is not always possible to get rid of it, sometimes you have to close the program completely and start it again.
This is very annoying and makes it difficult to be productive. The biggest problem with finding old correspondence is almost impossible without an extra cup of coffee.
I installed the old version 1.8.0 today, so far there is no problem.
Itā€™s a shame that the problem hasnā€™t been resolved since April. I have a premium account since June 2020, but Iā€™ll have to look for an alternative ā€¦

Iā€™ve got the same problem although I do not find it in relation to downloading attachments. Iā€™m on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Ideapad S145. The Mailspring version is 1.9.1-30ef802f

Why has this problem been hanging around since April? Seriously lowers confidence in the product.

Temporary solution:
Install Mailspring 1.8.0
Remove the Update.exe file from the local Mailspring folder

1 Like

Update: I got both of Black Screens and White Screens it seems that both of bugs are distincts from each others.

I have the same issue , then than done the update the release to 1.9.2.6 the white screen continueā€¦ is possible then the developer team solve the issue, because is very unconfortable this , the mailsprint is a good product, but this error is to review and choose if i continue or not using this product.!!!