Your Mailspring ID is missing required fields

I’m getting an error message, “Your Mailspring ID is missing required fields.” How do I fix this?

This error message appears when Mailspring was unable to save your Mailspring ID password to your system keychain or keyring.

Linux

Make sure you’ve installed libsecret through your package manager. Then quit Mailspring, reset its settings by deleting $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/Mailspring or ~/.config/Mailspring. Then re-launch the application.

macOS

Quit Mailspring and delete its data in ~/Library/Application Support/Mailspring. This folder may be hidden on your system - the easiest way to delete it is to open Terminal.app and type:

rm -rf "~/Library/Application Support/Mailspring"

Then, re-launch Mailspring and sign in to your Mailspring ID again.

Windows

Quit Mailspring and delete its data in C:\Users\<You>\AppData\Roaming\Mailspring. Then, re-launch Mailspring and sign in to your Mailspring ID again.

Happening Often?

If this is happening to you frequently, please vote for and comment on this issue, including your operating system and Mailspring version in your comment: Frequent "Your Mailspring ID is missing required fields"

Just upgraded to a new Mac and cannot get Mailspring to work. I had been having issues for weeks with having to sign into my office account several times a day.

Now after I authorize it’s giving me the missing fields error. The file I’m supposed to delete isn’t there. I’ve also run the terminal command, no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this does not work and I’m still locked out of using the app.

Hello,

since I’ve launched the new calendar app, I’m unable to send emails but I receive new ones. I’ve restarted in debugging mode then saw that I got a syncing issue. I’ve try syncing again and I got this error.

regards
Badreddine

I have been long experiencing this error after moving the Mailspring data folder onto a newly installed system. I have just tried to log out from Mailspring accoung (Preferences → Subscription → Sign Out), re-login, reconnect all added email accounts. Now, I don’t to re-configure Mailspring and re-add all my accounts from scratch. :tada:

1 Like