Accented characters cannot be entered correctly by long-pressing keys on macOS. The accented characters can be selected (either via mouse or number) but appear duplicated in the text together with the non-accented version (e.g. aä, uü, …).
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- In the body of a new email long press “a”
- select the desired accented character from the pop-up
- character appears duplicated in the text
Accented characters should appear correctly without duplicates in the email body.
- OS and Version: macOS 10.15.7
- Installation Method: homebrew cask or dmg
- Mailspring Version: 1.8.0