After the update to 1.10, the app crashes on startup with a cryptic local email database error.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Start Mailspring (version 1.10)
- As seen in the screenshot the error message has some random characters (they change every time the message comes up) and “spring”. The message indicates some problem with the local email database.
- On confirming/closing the message, it repeats with different random characters in the title
- Only Taskmanager → close process can stop the loop
- The old version 1.9.2 can be started and works without problem
The update worked without problem and the app starts without error.
- OS and Version: Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, Build 19044.1566
- Installation Method: Installer (and in app update trigger)
- Mailspring Version: 1.10.0-06926ef (update from 1.9.2)
I have sqlite3 binaries in my Windows PATH for development.