Labels Issue with Gmail and moving to folder

Description

This bug happens enough to be very annoying. When I move an email to a folder or if I delete an email from my inbox. The previous email in my inbox is doing the same action.

This causes to lose a lot of emails.

Could you please help me with that?

Setup

• Mailspring Version: 1.7.8

(Originally posted by simonfben on GitHub.)

Hi guys, please any help on this issue?

Cheers,

Hi @simonfben,

unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce the issue. Can you please fill the following template in order to provide additional information regarding the issue?
Does this only happen with one e-mail account or with multiple / different email accounts?

## Description
<!-- A clear and concise description of what the bug is. Does it happen with all email accounts, or only a particular account and/or email message? -->

## To Reproduce...

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. <!-- Go to '...' -->
2. <!-- Click on '....' -->
3. <!-- Scroll down to '....' -->
4. <!-- See error -->

## Expected Behavior
<!-- A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen. -->

## Screenshots
<!-- If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. -->

## Setup
<!-- Please complete the following information. -->

- OS and Version: <!-- e.g. macOS 10.9, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 -->
 - Mailspring Version: <!-- e.g. 1.6.2 (found in the app's menu) -->
 - Mail Provider: <!-- e.g. GMail -->

## Additional Context
<!-- Add any other context about the problem here. If this issue is related to a particular account or email service, be sure to mention it so this report is actionable! -->

I might be missing something but I can’t tell from your post what the actual problem is. Are you saying that when you move or delete one message, the message above it is also moved or deleted?

How long has this been going on? And how many times have you restarted your computer since the problem started?

Does it happen every time or just sometimes?

Does it happen when you drag and drop, AND when you use the top bar icons? What about when you right click (control click) on a message?

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, when I move a message, the message above is moved to the same folder or archived. It really happens randomly when I move messages.

It’s been happening since I downloaded the app 5 months ago.

It usually happened when I go fast while moving messages.

It doesn’t happen with the drag and drop option. It only happens with the top bar icons.

Hope that helps
Cheers,

Seems to be the same problem I reported:

Seems like most of the critical marked issues are related to this. Let’s hope we see a fix soon :slight_smile:

Good thought, @WoutDebacker. I believe this is also related to these issues: